Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Moogy's birthday bash !! Sept 8 NYC

MOOGY'S BIRTHDAY BASH!
Thursday Sept. 8th, 8 to 11 pm
at the Triad Theater
158 West 72nd Street between Broadway & Columbus
in Manhattan on the 2nd floor
www.Triadnyc.com


This is a Birthday Celebration and Benefit
for the Klingman family with the Utopia Brothers,
the Peaceniks, Mercades Hall, Mary C, Stevie Holland, and Ian Lloyd!!

Hi Folks,
I'm dealing with the final rehearsals with my bands and I hope everyone can make it to my show. It's going to be a great night this Thursday, Sept.8th at the Triad Theater, so please don't miss it. My 62nd birthday is on Sept. 7th!!
My band, the Utopia Brothers, will be doing some of the Utopia Material that we'll be doing on our first Utopia tour in 35 years with Todd Rundgren!! That tour starts on November 1st, 2011 in Orlando, Florida and promises to be a great time!
John Siegler and Kevin Ellman will be with me this Thursday and on the Utopia tour when it starts on November 1st. we will have John Siegler on bass and Kevin Ellman on drums as part of the Utopia Brothers doing "The Freak Parade" and "the Utopia theme", so Utopia fans, don't miss this!!
My other band, the Peaceniks, is working on our third album and we'll be rocking hard this Thursday night playing new songs and old! With Barry Gruber on bass and vocals, Patti Rothberg on acoustic guitar and vocals, Jim Satten on lead guitar and Mark Greenberg on drums we will be rocking!
Having Mercedes Hall singing on the bill will also be a great treat! Her singing is superb and thrilling, all at the same time. She's won some jazz awards for her great albums and she's a living legend.
Mary C can blow the ceiling off of any room and I just saw her last week as she wowed the crowd at another local club. Mary C does R & B and rock like you've never heard it.
Mary C is the daughter of Mercedes Hall and when they're together in a room anything can happen!
Stevie Holland had a magnificent run of her one woman show about Cole Porter and his wife, called "Love, Linda" about Cole. She also has had a number of hit jazz albums released and I'm proud to be having her on the bill with me.
It's $15 cash at the door. Give more if you can. No reservations needed. Doors open at 7:30 pm. I'm glad to be celebrating with a great night of music. It's also a benefit for my family and I as I continue to fight the good fight against the "Big C".
Music is healing and healing is music, so come to the concert and let me heal you as I get healed.

Peace,
Moogy Klingman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Moogy! Many more!

simfield said...

Yeah, love to, ...Happy Belated Birthday Moogy ! (bit of a hike from Australia. Bummer)