Monday, November 21, 2011

Musician Rundgren happy his song is a big bang in Lambeau

Musician Rundgren happy his song is a big bang in Lambeau
By Bob Wolfley of the Journal Sentinel
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134214368.html

Musician Todd Rundgren is not disappointed his 1983 song, "Bang the Drum All Day" is the house song of the Green Bay Packers.

That song is played at Lambeau Field whenever the Packers score a touchdown.

Chris Connelly provided a feature story about the song for ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown."

"I’m kind of happy that I’ve done something that penetrated the consciousness of the culture in this way, that everybody knows it, even if they can’t remember where they first heard it," Rundgren said. "It just popped into my head pretty much the way it got recorded. It was kind of a throwaway song on a record of songs that I thought I had worked a lot harder on."

No comments: