Tuesday, April 28, 2009

VIDEO live AWATS / UTOPIA 1973 AND 74 MEMPHIS

thanx Cradrock and Gio Bruno!
taken from youtube..
Exactly 35 Years ago I was introduced to my first Todd Rundgren performance. Years later I discovered a Todd "Superfan" had actually recorded snippets of footage with his dad's silent 8mm film camera. He had also captured the audio with a small cassette recorder in his lap. I've held onto the footage and listened to the music many times to relive that moment.

Upon hearing this year Todd will perform his groundbreaking album "A Wizard, A True Star" for a theater full of dedicated fans... and in honor of the 35th anniversary of this 1974 performance in Memphis Tennessee, I was moved to make a best effort...merging these very rough film clips to the audio and give you a peak into a very early performance by Todd Rundgren

No comments: